HIGHLY FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS
These parts are manufactured by VULKAN COUPLINGS, Germany pioneers in marine drive technology.
Furtermore, VULKAN components are used in powerplant facilities or in industrial applications as well.
VULKAN production program includes following types, most available from the manufacturing site in Germany but some common ones are also available from our warehouse in Moschato:
RATO-R / RATO-R+
Complementary to the all-round couplings RATO S and RATO S+, the high-torque flexible couplings RATO R and RATO R+ have been specially designed for use in installations requiring a high level of torsional flexibility and misalignment capacity. Inherent features of the design include a high dynamic load capacity and good rotational dynamic properties due to the low rotating inertias. The area of application is primarily in high-speed main/PTO systems driven by a diesel engine or electric motor. In the low- to middle-torque range where the handling and installation of a complete element are practicable, the couplings RATO R and RATO R+ are an additional alternative. With the introduction of the ACOTEC range, smaller sizes with higher power density provide a good price-performance ratio.
- High-torque flexible coupling with various torsional rigidities and element designs ensure excellent coordination of the torsional vibration and therefore the availability of the drive system.
- Flexible coupling with low rotating masses, optimized for the trend towards high-performance and high-speed engines
- Maximum flexibility in providing a solution considering that it can be easily integrated into different systems.
- Vibration damping coupling with soft circular diaphragms provides effective protection for the shaft bearing with axial vibration decoupling.
- Excellent noise damping characteristics by avoiding direct metallic contact.
Torque Range TKN [kNm]
12.50 kNm - 530.00 kNm
Speed range [1/min]
710 RPM - 2,750 RPM