HIGHLY FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS
These parts are manufactured by VULKAN COUPLINGS, Germany pioneers in marine drive technology.
Furtermore, VULKAN components are used in powerplant facilities or in industrial applications as well.
VULKAN production program includes following types, most available from the manufacturing site in Germany but some common ones are also available from our warehouse in Moschato:
RATO-DS / RATO-DS+
The high-torque, flexible Vulkan RATO DS and RATO DS+ couplings have been specially designed for use in installations requiring a high level of torsional flexibility and a medium level of misalignment capacity. Supplementing the all-round marine engine couplings RATO S and RATO S+ The RATO DS and RATO DS+ couplings have been developed to offer an application-oriented coupling design. especially for a rigidly mounted ship´s main propulsion. The available stiffnesses enable good tuning of the system with respect to both the transient and steady-state torsional vibration responses. In the tradition of Vulkan couplings, a backlash-free torque transmission is achieved.
- Vulkan Rato DS and RATO DS+ marine couplings for high-performance elastomers of the ACOTEC sizes allow the use of a smaller size and thus offer a commercial benefit.
- It is possible to provide a safety device for racing to protect the drive system.
- Maximum flexibility for the solution and a range of special designs
- The element design delivers torque transmission without any play. Optimal heat dissipation ensures the functionality and availability of the drive system even under the harshest conditions.
- The compact dimensions of the torsionally flexible coupling ensure considerable weight reduction and therefore greater efficiency in the drive as well as lower project costs.
Torque Range TKN [kNm]
6.30 kNm - 160.00 kNm
Speed range [1/min]
1,040 RPM - 2,100 RPM